5 Reasons You Should Insulate Your Home This Summer
Many people know that insulation helps keep your home cozy and warm during the colder winter months. But did you know that proper insulation also keeps your home cool during the summer? Spring and summer are popular renovation seasons, and many people opt to improve their home’s insulation for many reasons. New insulation can increase your home’s resale value, and certain types of insulation can reduce your home’s eco-footprint. Proper insulation can also greatly reduce your heating and cooling bills, and make your home a more comfortable environment.
Here are 5 reasons why you should insulate your home this summer:
1. Insulation in the walls and attic prevent outdoor heat from entering your home. This helps you more easily maintain your indoor temperature making your home more comfortable and controlled.
2. Attic insulation creates a barrier between the sun and roof and your home. Without adequate insulation, the sun heats your attic and will allow sweltering temperatures to seep into your home, increasing the demands on your AC, thus increasing your bills.
3. Insulation reduces trapped heat in your attic, allowing you to decrease your air conditioning system usage & save money.
4. Lack of proper insulation can lead to high levels of moisture in the air, which can eventually lead mould growth. Mould is a major allergen and can cause respiratory illness and damage to your home.
5. Decreased use of your air conditioning system not only saves you money, but also contributes to a quieter environment. Insulation can also act as a sound barrier between you and the outdoors, making your indoor environment more peaceful.
If you were thinking of doing some home renovation this year, it is worth considering updating your insulation. Increasing your home’s resale value, reducing your eco-footprint, and saving money are all great reasons to insulate your home. If you have any questions about which insulation is best for you or would like a quote, please contact us today!
Georgian Insulation Systems is Central Ontario's premium spray foam insulation contractor. We're recommended by leading custom home builders, commercial design/builders, architects, home inspectors and our many customers. We provide Polyurethane Spray foam, Cellulose, Fibreglass, Roxull, Fireproofing, Insulation Removal, concrete slab lifting with injected polyurethane and epoxy crack filling.Contact Us for a Free Quote - Or Call 1-866-576-9338.